Sunday, September 28, 2014

Sunday project: printing a house!

One of the things that were on my list of things to try with the 3D printer was something from Minecraft. Today I did the first attempt, and it was a great success.

I built this quickly just to have a test print

I used the Mineways export software to select my house from the Minecraft world. It has really good configuration for the exported model. I chose a block height of 2mm for this house, and exported to STL which I then sliced normally.


Selecting the box to print is quite simple using Mineways



The print itself took about an hour with ABS plastic, and it's surprisingly cool looking. I guess the only thing to do now is to build something cooler than a 5 minute house, and see how it turns out!

The finished result

No comments:

Post a Comment