Friday, September 26, 2014

Draft be gone!

After battling with ABS warping, I finally canned any dream of ever using my living room dining table again, and built a draft shield for the printrbot on it.




It's not the prettiest thing ever, but it gets the job done. Observe the printed filament hole in the cardboard. And with proper cleaning and hair spraying between prints, I finally seem to get bigger ABS prints that are not completely broken from warping. I'm still reluctant to call it without printing some more big parts, though.


On a side note, I ordered some glow in the dark PLA filament today, which should make for some interesting prints. I'm also still waiting for my supply of regular PLA to arrive. The small roll provided as a sample with the printer is running low, hence all the ABS whining. When I get the PLA I will probably play around with it for a while before touching ABS again.

No comments:

Post a Comment